Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday

Gotta love Fridays! The end of the week is always a massive relief to me, even though I usually spend a portion of it studying or working for my Dad it is still nice to be away from regular work. I am starting to settle into my job but I feel pressure to start planning for the fall and yet the expectations for me are still so vague. I hope that I can figure it out, I am usually anally organized and like to have everything all lined up and nice and neat, so I generally apply that to work too. My house is currently a disaster as we get ready for Brett to move in next week - has it been six months already? I just can't believe that he is here so soon! We have already moved the computer into the kitchen and have realized that the only reason we used our spare room was because the computer was there. It almost feels like the other room doesn't exist and I haven't really gone in there for a few days.

Tonight I went to a Stampin Up party at Erika's house. It was lots of fun as usual and Erika is always entertaining! My friend Lakhdeep from work came to it and she enjoyed it as well. I actually decided to join the "30 club" where I commit to 8 months of spending $30 a month on Stampin Up and I get to be a hostess one month and automatically get the minimum sales for hostess goodies. We also get to make projects once a month that are really cool. I am excited about it but also a little worried about spending that money each month, I guess I will just budget and not buy clothes as often (not that I go shopping very often anyways...). So, that was my night. It was a good group, about 8 of us in total, and I enjoyed Erika's spinach dip very much (so good!)

Anyway, it is an early morning for tomorrow as I am helping Kirsten move into a basement suite. We agreed to be at her house at 7:30 am and Brian is bringing the truck to help move the furniture. I am then supposed to be at my friend's house at 12:00 pm to help with her son's birthday party. It will be a busy day but I think that it will be fun. So many of my friends have helped me move that I should help others too. I also owe many people who have helped me paint, a debt that I will likely pay back in future years.

Okay, really, I am going to bed now! Goodnight world

No comments: