Today is Easter Sunday and a celebration of Christ's resurrection from the dead. It is interesting to me that we celebrate Easter as "Easter" when the name originates from the goddess of fertility Eostre that the "pagans" worshipped. Funny how we have not renamed the holiday but have adopted the name.
Anyway, the service at church this morning was really inspiring, from the music to the sermon by Pastor Kim. If we truly believe that Christ is alive then today should be our biggest day of celebration. Today I loved singing along with the choir for every song, it was so great. Somehow there is no other feeling like lifting your voice to God, not worrying about how you sound or who will hear, but just meaning the lyrics you sing and loving them as they leave your lips. That is how I felt today, even though I have remnants of a cold and I would not say that I have a voice worth putting on stage (so it is good I am seated in the balcony). But I sang today and loved every second of it.
So Happy Easter everyone! Happy Resurrection Day! (Not quite the same ring to it, but oh well) Enjoy the chocolate, enjoy church, enjoy the life that we can live through Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment