Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Fun

As per our "tradition" we spent Easter in Edmonton with Susan and family. We have gone there almost every Easter for the past 5 years or so, and it is nice to have a mini getaway and also celebrate a holiday with the Santos clan.

This weekend was extra fun because it was our first roadtrip in the new car! And I must say, I do love the Subaru!
And even though it was cold (well, some days were warm) we decided that a trip to the Marble Slab was necessary. Isabelle could not get enough of the ice cream, she even tried to get her brother's ice cream from his cone!

We actually did not shop as much as we usually do, spending only 1 day at THE mall. This was actually really great, because as much as I love shopping it can get pretty hectic there and it is also harder to do with the kids (really, what kid likes shopping before 13?). We instead spent time at home, outside (on walks that Susan LOVED, lol!), at church, with family and stampin.
And what is Easter without a family picture with everyone all eastered up? Well, with little ones trying to get everyone to look and smile all at the same time....is, well, a bit tough. So here is take 1, take 2, take 3....and so on!
And of course I tried to capture the cute little grins that Isabelle is giving out these days! Here are the many faces of Isabelle:


We also decorated Easter eggs, which took a surprisingly short amount of time to do. I somehow remember decoratin eggs as being a big, long process but this time we went simple with some crayon and some dye bowls...a little crayon marking and a little dipping and voila - Easter eggs!


Now we are back home and I am working on getting cards ready for club tomorrow night and also for my card class on Sunday. Oh how I love playing with my StampinUp stuff!

1 comment:

susan said...

thanks for posting pics Alyssa, I should have downloaded some of yours before you left.

I am glad you guys had such a good time - we loved having you here. Seth was so sad when you left, I even got a cuddle! And the next day when Izzie was fussy for some reason (maybe I didn't feed her enough!) Seth said "She misses Auntie Lys!" Of course, silly me!!

Thanks for continuing this Easter tradition - I look forward to it every year.

xo