Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kicking back

Maybe it is just me, maybe it is the change of the seasons, but lately I feel like life has been kicking my butt! It is one of those things where the little irks and disappointments pop up, start a nice little pile that grows almost without you noticing it, until it towers over you threatening to topple.

Lately it has been a combination of personal struggles, work stuff and stress in general. So tonight, even though I was sleepy and so NOT motivated, I went to kickboxing. There were 2 of us in the class....so it was more like personal training. I prefer to hang out in the back of a crowded workout class and just get by without too much personal instruction...I HATE it when I have to work on technique and tweak every move. But tonight was okay, tonight I imagined my pile on the punching bags and I just punched and kicked back.

Amazing how an hour of intensity can make you feel like you can kick life back...

2 comments:

susan said...

Way to go Lys!
I remember WAY back in my former life *wink* I went for the best run of my life after getting off the phone with a guy who basically broke my heart. I don't run but I sure did that day with tunes blaring from my WALKMAN! (I am SO old!) I was in England & I was hurt and MAD but I kicked that hurt (and guy!) in the BUTT with my run & it felt GREAT!

Good on ya girl!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Such a healthy way to cope with your load, lys! Good for you :) And, you look GREAT as a result :)