....I made something (and you totally helped).
You may not know this about me, but I enjoy sewing. Okay, I actually enjoy the project piecing together and the final admiring look at a finished item, not so much the measuring, figuring, stressing, seam ripping, fixing, etc. that inevitably creeps into every sewing project. Or perhaps just my projects.
Anyway, I decided about a year ago that I wanted to sew an apron for my dear friend Erika's daughter Evalie. With a name like Evalie Rose it is just an obvious necessity to own a super cute, slightly fancy pant, apron. Right?
Well I found the fabric and intended to make it as a "new baby" gift....fast forward to the 2 weeks before Evalie's FIRST birthday and I am desperate to finish that apron! Enter my Mom and her mad sewing skills. She helped me work through the (rather vague) PDF pattern, measure and cut the material and encourage me as I put my rusty sewing skills to the test.
With only one major seam ripping incident, I managed to create THIS:
I kinda love how it turned out...just saying. And yes, I am making one for Arabella, perhaps her birthday this summer will motivate me. Can you believe she is turning 2?? Me neither. Totally avoiding THAT reality.

2 comments:
Oh it's SO cute!!! Well done!
BEST APRON IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!! I love love love it - such an incredibly special gift - thank you sooooooo much my dear friend!!!!!! You spoil us :)
Post a Comment