Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Creative bursts

Do you ever have a creative burst? A moment where you MUST create something? I don't often feel that way, but when I do - look out! It is project time and I WILL get it done :)

I decided to finally paint a canvas and add some wedding photos that I printed a few years ago. I have many good intentions, just not always the time or inspiration to complete them. But the time had come and this canvas below is the result.

Let me also say that this was a 3-4 day process, as I had to let different layers dry. But I will admit that when the last layer of mod podge was semi dry I couldn't resist and hauled the thing up to show Brian and then promptly put it in my new "gallery" ledge. I love it!
First layer! Used a "mask" to create the swirly design. Actually, this was the only layer I planned on doing...

Until I remembered I had some cool paper doilies that I could mod podge on top! And then brayer over with paint!


And finally the photos on top of it all.


Voila! My first piece of canvas art - and I think I like it! The only bummer was the placement of the "l" in love, it makes it hard to see as part of it is on my dress. Rookie mistake :)



And now I have some carrot spice muffins in the oven - I figured I needed something to do while the photos loaded! Happy Wednesday everyone!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Love, love, love it! Love the vintage look it has going on!