Thursday, June 15, 2006

New Job!!!!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I do not love my job. Most days I work solely for a paycheque with little satisfaction or joy in my work. Although I must say that I do enjoy working with my teammates and that most people I work with are really fun to be around. That said, I am THRILLED that I got a new position at work!!! It is not "officially" announced yet, but I have been told that I have the Training Coordinator position in the Audit Division. This is a HUGE thing for me, as it means that I now longer have to go out and audit for 2 years. I am sooooo happy to not have to go out, go through boxes of records (usually CRAP) and then have to figure out what people/accountants screwed up on and what the person now owes the government. Although this is a temporary position, it does allow me some more freedom and the opportunity to network with managers and to have contact with HQ in Ottawa. So, I am both excited and scared to take on this new job, not to mention that the current training coordinator is pregnant and feels like she will deliver early...ahhhh. Anyways, I guess as of July 14th I will be the new training coordinator, although I will start training in the position soon.

So, I am happy to start this new phase and I hope that it will lead me to similar jobs in the future or prepare me for a new job someday. I had two managers caution me that this new job may affect my "career" in audit, but I had to explain that audit is not my lifelong dream and that I would like to do a job that I might actually like (although I explained it in very "nice" terms). I just don't think that they understand that although I may be "good" at audits, I don't love doing it and most days I don't like it, so why spend my "career" building up my audit experience when I don't intend to do it longterm anyways?

But, at the end of the day, I have 2 years to try out this new job and see if I like it....here's hoping!!!

2 comments:

susan said...

WAY TO GO LYS!! I am proud of you girl! You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

YAY and CONGRATULATOINS!! You rock. It must take a special person to do what you do.