
It is snowing like crazy here and has been since yesterday. Here on the west coast we get some snow but when it falls like this, things tend to shut down. Brian and I tried to get out of our complex, but the Kia wouldn't make it in the snow. A kind neighbour helped us get enough traction to get back into our garage, but that was as far as we got! The brilliant children of our complex decided it would be a good idea to build a mound of snow in the middle of the road - gotta love em! Brian and I don't own a snow shovel (why would we - we usually get rain!) so Bri was reduced to alternating between a hockey stick and a dust pan to try and clear our driveway!
I guess I will put snow shovel on our next shopping list, although I am sure they are sold out everywhere now! Snow tires are also sold out everywhere now, although for the few snow days that we get here they really aren't worth it. I love how pretty the snow is but I absolutely hate trying to drive in the slippery, icy mess that happens as soon as the slush starts freezing! I hope that someone comes to clear our complex or it melts overnight, otherwise I may not be able to get to work tomorrow - so disappointing!! But there is stuff that needs to get done, so I probably should attempt to get there. Anyway, that is our current view - beautiful but limiting for us unprepared west coast people!
I guess I will put snow shovel on our next shopping list, although I am sure they are sold out everywhere now! Snow tires are also sold out everywhere now, although for the few snow days that we get here they really aren't worth it. I love how pretty the snow is but I absolutely hate trying to drive in the slippery, icy mess that happens as soon as the slush starts freezing! I hope that someone comes to clear our complex or it melts overnight, otherwise I may not be able to get to work tomorrow - so disappointing!! But there is stuff that needs to get done, so I probably should attempt to get there. Anyway, that is our current view - beautiful but limiting for us unprepared west coast people!
No comments:
Post a Comment