I have taken spontaneous action and booked a trip for Brian and I to Cuba!! I was looking up travel deals online and found a good deal for a week at an all inclusive resot in Cayo Coco, Cuba. So, once the trip was booked, I began the passport application nightmare. Honestly, I am glad the application is in and I now have less than 2 weeks before I pick up our passports to paradise! The process itself is overwhelming and really made life stressful - I got my passport picture done at Costco, it only took about 4 or 5 tries!! I have such a hard time giving a neutral expression so I had a tiny bit of tooth showing in 2 pictures (lovely really) and then my face was too "shiny" so I had the Costco photo lady using a tissue to wipe my forehead as everyone shopping at Costco looked on, could I be more humiliated?? I did not think to bring powder, as we came straight from work and I just have oily skin that does not cooperate by the end of the day. Sigh. Anyway, many tries later we had a picture that we thought would be acceptable. Brian's photo was fine...until the Costco lady measured and his head positioning was off by a few millimeters...well, Bri had already left Costco and I had to call his cell and get him to come back, oh, he was not a happy camper! He had no issue with the neutral face! Even the lady at Costco said to me "He looks really mad", I told her he was just grumpy and would forget about it once we were in Cuba!!
So, needless to day, I am BEYOND excited about this trip as we are leaving North America for the first time and we are experiencing all inclusive resort life. I can't wait, especially because we leave 3 days after my last exam! This is what I would call my "reward" for six and a half years of hell doing school, work and life.
In the meantime, I still have homework to do - another essay due this Sunday and, oh, have I started working on it? No, of course not. That I will leave until Saturday - no pressure.
Sidenote - I have an interview for a Finance Officer/Business Manager position at Corrections Canada in Abbotsford. I really really really want this position and have been trying to get a Finance Officer job for over 2 years. I have my interview on May 15th, so all you praying folks please pray for me as I do the 2 hour interview. I have no idea how many people I am competing against but I would love the opportunity to do this job and escape from Audit.
Time for bed soon, this week has been weird and I am tired now. I think that getting up around 5 am yesterday and waiting 4 hours to turn in my passport application really did me in.
No comments:
Post a Comment