Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fun was had

Last night we had a graduation party here for Erika and I (it is almost spooky that we graduated at the same time and that we are so close together in birthdays that we celebrate that together too). It was a lot of fun, once we got all the food out and everything ready. I felt a bit rushed, as usual, but everyone seemed to enjoy the food and have fun, so I would consider that a success.



I made a lovely pumpkin cake that had 3 layers, with a pumpkin-creamcheese-whipcream filling, topped with walnuts and caramel. The caramel was a finishing touch, so I poured it on just before it was served, it dripped over the top of the cake and down the sides perfectly!! I was so happy. It tasted good as well, so I was relieved as I had never made it before and had picked it out of a magazine because the picture looked amazing. The only problem was, no matter how thin I sliced it, the cake was so tall that pieces were huge! Oh well, everyone seemed to enjoy it!

I was only a little disappointed that some of my close friends could not make it, but I guess that sometimes timing is just off and that's the way life is.


We got spoiled with presents and cards; it was fun to open the cards and see what had been created (there were quite a few stampin ladies there). I got a business card holder that looks so elegant, it is black and has a croc print stamped on it. I need to get some cards printed now! Erika also got me a beautiful coat that is orange and brown plaid, it looks totally retro and I LOVE IT! I will have to take a picture at some point and post it. She also gave me a lovely orange scarf, so I feel outfitted for the fall weather now! Needless to say, I feel spoiled...


Anyway, now it is back to normal life. I am feeling sick again, so I hope that I can recover for next weekend, for my grad ceremony and our time in Vancouver. I am hoping for some good weather too....we shall see.

No comments: