Now that I am back home, for now, I find myself at a blogging loss. What do I blog about? I had a whirlwind week and now I am swirling in work and don't really know where to start with any of it. I managed to download the photos off my camera, something I try to do asap to ensure none of them get lost. Plus I then upload them to a web album which takes even longer....
Anyways, back to my week in review. Last Friday Erika and I set out to Edmonton early early in the morning, and arrived finally at about 7 pm. We met up with Sherry and Cory from Saskatchewan and had some yummies at Cheesecake Cafe (my most favorite place!). We then got up early again for a full day Stampin Up event in Edmonton. The four of us got to make lost of fun stuff and also see some demos on the newest and coolest stuff Stampin Up has coming out. I was so inspired...I might just become a demonstrator! So, if anyone out there wants to buy from me - let me know!!

Anyways, once we got the Stampin stuff done we headed to "The Mall" otherwise known as West Edmonton mall. Erika had never been so it was very fun watching her explore the mall and all its wonders - waterpark, amusement park, sea lions, mini golf and all! After an evening of shopping we settled in at Susan's house and visited with her and Allan and the kids. They had just come home
from a wedding and were super stylin! On Sunday we got up and went to West Ed for a FULL day of shopping....but come closing time we still hadn't covered a fraction of the mall but we had to leave.
from a wedding and were super stylin! On Sunday we got up and went to West Ed for a FULL day of shopping....but come closing time we still hadn't covered a fraction of the mall but we had to leave. Monday morning we headed down to Banff and spent the afternoon exploring there. We went back to Canmore to visit with Gloria and family, before heading to bed. On Tuesday morning we headed out to Lake Louise and took our time
looking around. I have driven through the rockies many a time but I had never stopped at Lake Louise and actually taken in the scenery. We rode the gondola to the top and it was an amazing view! We also went to see Lake Moraine, which is supposedly more beautiful than Lake Louise - it was definitely a sight to see!
looking around. I have driven through the rockies many a time but I had never stopped at Lake Louise and actually taken in the scenery. We rode the gondola to the top and it was an amazing view! We also went to see Lake Moraine, which is supposedly more beautiful than Lake Louise - it was definitely a sight to see!After all that sightseeing we then had to head to Kelowna so that I could make it to my conference. We got there around 9 pm and had time to check into the hotel before crashing in bed.
Erika left Wednesday morning and went off to start the 3 day CGA conference - a first for me as a new graduate - yippee! It was a fun few days and I think I learned some useful stuff, now I need to put it into practice! We had a "fun night" at Summerhill Winery - it was a beautiful spot, great scenery and nice wines. I headed back Saturday afternoon with some co-workers, and Brian picked me up Saturday evening after a long week of missing me.....
So overall it was a good, slightly tiring, trip. I feel like I did a lot and now I have a lot to catch up on at work and at home. Luckily, after this coming weekend, I will be home for a long, long time! I am definitely looking forward to the stability!
2 comments:
Great pictures Lys. It was so nice to have you & your friends visit.
such wonderful memories with you - now forever recorded in cyberspace! Miss you friend!
Post a Comment