Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ode to Saturday

Oh dear Saturday, how I love thee!
Alarm clock set late (or not at all),
My bed is my friend and I can linger as I please.

Oh dear Saturday, so many things can happen;
lazy days or busy days, all is well
the sun at my window, the outdoors does beckon.

Oh dear Saturday, if only your visits came often
more than once per week
this would make the blow of the work week soften.

Oh dear Saturday, too soon you will be gone
once again I will return to toil
in the game of work where I am but a pawn!

(okay, so I admit I do not have the Anderson/Flegg poetry gift, but I thought I would try! i really do love my Saturdays!!)

1 comment:

susan said...

You TOTALLY have the Andersen/Flegg gift! Guess who's going to be summonded for the next song or poem needed!! It's better to keep your talents hidden...too bad we already know you're a super cook, unbelievably creative & now we know about your poetry skills, Lys...what's next? Do you churn your own butter? Weave your own cloth?
You are so awesome Lys - and such a wonderful addition to our family. I totally like you more than my brother!! :-)