Today I had the pleasure of being treated to high tea @ Tacycakes in White Rock. I had never been there, but apparently there are three locations of this place - they serve cupcakes, tea and even some regular food (soups, sandwiches, etc.). They do serve high tea as well, which as I learned is tea (duh!) and many mini delightful items. My friend Kirsten treated me to high tea as a birthday treat and it was so great!! I just had to take pictures of everything - the tea, the cute set up and the mini delights. She was sure that we wouldn't be full with such mini goodies, but we were both stuffed and could not finish the last little bit of sweet stuff.

We decided that after stuffing ourselves we should take a walk on the pier and take some pics. It was a cloudy day, but the temperature was just perfect and half the sky was starting to clear, so we got a peek at the blue sky. It has been so smokin hot here lately that the cool down was welcome change (for me anyways!).
And...inspired by Kim's photos I suggested we do some "jumping" photos. No, not jumping off the pier (even though I love our beaches, the water just looks nasty - I feel like I would get sick just swimming in that slimy green water, yuck!). We went under the pier and tried our best to take some good mid-air shots. Here are some first attempts (also had to find a "sport" mode on my camera, which turns out to actually be the "kids & pets" mode - they do go fast, don't they?).

Here was our "best photo" from our little shoot. It was so fun to just try to jump and get a good mid air pose. I must say, I would completely fail in top model, but I had fun!
So great to spend the morning at the beach and share my first high tea with a long time friend. Thanks Kirsten!
2 comments:
How nice! Can we check this place out when I come to visit?? (whenever that will be?)
Looks really cool.
And awesome jumping pictures...you guys are so silly...but fun!
Hey Alyssa! I LOVE THE JUMP PICS!!! What a fun way to celebrate your "not 30" birthday!!!!
Post a Comment