Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Moonlight Cinema

I do believe that I promised to write about our moonlight cinema experience...so here it is:

Moonlight cinema:

Concept
- Outdoor movie in the park
- Bring your own food, drink, blankets, etc.
- General good times

Actual Experience
- Outdoor movie in the park
- Thunderstorm complete with pouring rain, lightning and did I mention a giant metal screen??
- Cinema staff refused to refund or give us a voucher unless THEY canceled the showing
- Viewing of the movie while holding a blanket above our heads
- No such cancellation occurred

So, it was a bit of an experience. We wanted to leave, but at $17 a person we were a bit reluctant to pay that for sitting in the park for half an hour before the movie started. In the end it was a decent movie (Surrogates) but we could have done with the thunder, lightning and rain!!

No comments: