Saturday, December 19, 2009

Off to see the....animals

As I type, we are getting ready to head to Cleland park here in Adelaide, it is one of those open range wildlife parks where you can get up close to kangaroos and koalas and wallabies and who knows what else! I am excited to see my first kangaroo up close, Erin said I might even get to pet it. I am both excited and terrified at this prospect.

Yesterday we went to explore Semaphore, a little coastal town near Adelaide and it was quite pretty. It was a bit like a ghost town in the morning as the weather was a bit chilly and cloudy, but as the sun came out so did more people. We also went to a seafood barbie (i.e. bbq) at Erin's friend Bonnie's house. It is interesting being the "foreigners" here, I have to say I am not used to that :) They were happy to find out we were Canadian, so they were free to say what they want about Americans (sorry Erika!) - interesting how perceptions travel the world and how we all see different "foreigners" with common characteristics that may or may not hold true.

Anyway, we also took in a bit of a cricket match yesterday (really is not my sport, but fun to check it out regardless). Brian then got his chance to try it out and play at the BBQ. I definitely took a photo of him at bat - a monumental experience for sure ;)

Well, it looks like Erin might be just about ready. We will soon be off to Cleland....woohoo!

No comments: