There are definitely days where I feel blessed more than others and today is one of those days. I have been really sick (and continue to feel sick) the past 2 days - the kind of sick where going up the stairs results in huffing and puffing and every bone in my body aches. I went to the doctor today for some antibiotics and hope that with some more intense sleep I will be able to recover.
Today I felt blessed not because I was healthy but because I have loving people in my life who have blessed me.
My Mom called when I texted her to tell her I could barely make it out of bed let alone over to her house for dinner. My Dad messaged me once he had talked to Mom to ask if he could bring me over dinner or anything at all. Usually I pass up such offers but this time I thought a Booster Juice smoothy would do the trick - so my Dad drove around Langley trying to find the Booster Juice, eventually called the store and then brought the smoothy to my door. Wow, seriously blessed.
Then Erika called; she was visiting from Victoria and volunteered to come over and help me pack, clean - basically anything! She wanted to bring me food or Starbucks, but both were not appealing to my queasy tummy. But she helped me pack, took out garbage, did dishes, cleaned out the perishables in the fridge, watered my plants and firmly told me to go to bed early :) Truly blessed.
So thank you God for taking care of me through my friends and family - I am indeed blessed! (Note: Brian helped as much as he could, but he was working today and then headed out to a concert that he got tickets to as a birthday present - he normally is very helpful when I am sick!)
1 comment:
Totally crying right now. I am the one who is blessed! You are such a wonderful friend, and it was my gift to help you out a little - especially considering how you are always there for me! I hope you continue to heal and get well soon :)
Post a Comment