Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was a lovely day - both weather-wise and with the company we had! It is strange for me this year, as I feel that I am not yet a "mother" even though I technically have a baby (just inside of me, not outside...). So I wasn't sure if this is the year I start to celebrate or not...Brian thought it was fitting to celebrate, so he bought me 2 lovely planters (hammered copper) full of pretty flowers. I had joked to him that all I would get for Mother's day would be kicks from the baby, but he said his philosophy is that "It's not called "your mother's" day but Mother's Day, so all Mom's deserve to be celebrated". Hooray - I love my hubby and his philosophy on this!!

So anyway, here is a picture of me, my bump and the lovely planters (although the picture does not really do them justice).

We spent the afternoon eating (I made butter chicken, my Mom brought naan bread and Alison did salad & dessert) - it was all delicious!! My parent's friends Jim & Gayle were visiting from Phoenix, so they joined us as well; we had 10 adults and 3 kids so it was a full house. We banished the kids to the dining room so we could eat in peace...just kidding, I think they actually liked being out of sight from the adults ;) And I tried to be a Martha and make the table look pretty with placecards and with napkins that I had stamped (thanks for the idea Susan!!).


We also took advantage of the lovely weather and headed across the street to the park where we played bocce and where Uncle Bri & the Wiebe boys played soccer. It was great to be outside in the sun & fresh air, I loved it!

And of course we missed the Santos family, it would be lovely to have all been together but c'est la vie.

So Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms - I look forward to being a full-fledged Mom next year! (Wow, the more I call myself a "mom" the more mini panic attacks I have....let's assume this too shall pass)

1 comment:

susan said...

Holy baby bump Batman!! You look adorable Lys!! Cute dress too!!

You know we would have been there if we could have...I sure miss family dinners. Every once & a while we talk about moving to BC maybe one day it will become a reality. (I can dream!!)

Happy Mother's Day to you!! You are already a momma...that baby depends on you "inside" just as they will "outside". I cannot wait to meet the little one!!

And super cute table/napkins!! :-)