Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baby it's cold outside

Wowsers, it has been colder than it usually is at this time of year and I can certainly feel it!! We have had our heat on a lot and have actually had to wear winter jackets - shocking! Now I know that anyone from the parts of Canada that get "real winter" is snickering at us spoiled lower mainlanders, but man, it sure feels cold from our perspective!

We have finally got our Christmas stuff out of the attic and the tree is up, decorated, lit and ready for presents! It really feels like it has been a long time coming, we didn't decorate last year because we left for Australia mid-December and were returning mid-January and I thought it would be way too depressing to come home to Christmas stuff. So I was SUPER excited to put everything up and actually was tempted to do so November 1st but, let's be realistic, it takes at least 2 weeks of nagging to get that stuff out of the attic ;)

Anyway, lots has happened and nothing has happened at the same time. Does this describe family life? I feel busy, my days go quickly, yet when asked "What have you been up to?" I usually have a blank look and in a panic try to come up with something meaningful that I have done....I know that taking care of a baby is meaningful but it really is not a conversation booster, there are only so many diaper changing, feeding and sleeping stories you can tell!

One exciting thing (for me anyway) is that Arabella's room is finally put together. I now have stuff up on the walls and pictures in frames, I quite like it! I'll have to take some photos and post them.

But for now, I shall say goodnight, Arabella is sleeping which means so should I - afterall, a full 6 hours of sleep in a row is NOT guaranteed, I need to take what I can get!

2 comments:

susan said...

LOVE the new blog look! Very festive!!!

Vanessa Z. said...

I love the blog look too! Very festive! Can't wait to see pictures of Arabella's room!