Monday, November 15, 2010

Have an issue? Here's a tissue....if only that was all that was needed

Ah yes, stages of life. As so many moms have already told me, there are wonderful aspects to all stages of life as your babies grow and become children and then teenagers and then adults....apparently the entire process is rewarding (or at least that's what my parents say now that they are grandparents!!).

Arabella has started sleeping longer and mostly through the night - hallelujah!! Honestly, starting to get my sleep back has made me a whole new person, well, more like a human anyways! But now she has developed this hate relationship with her car seat. She used to love the car rides, rarely crying and often fast asleep in seconds.

Well, I suppose a night of sleep is a fair trade for screaming in the car, but I sure don't like it! Tonight she screamed all the way home from the Discovery Toys party (if only she knew I bought her something...). It was the kind of crying where she was nearly choking, where I wondered if her vocal chords would be permanently damaged and where I actually thought that perhaps I had pinched her hand or something in the car seat. NOPE, she was fed, changed, burped and pinch free, but the screaming continued even once we were in the door at home.

At this point she is still crying, I am now crying and I feel like her screams are saying "You don't know what you are doing, I shouldn't cry all the way home, BAD MOM."

I realize this is likely not what she is saying at all, but it sure feels that way. So would I trade my sleep for peaceful (but generally short) car rides? No, no I wouldn't. But wouldn't it be nice to have both??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW! YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOMMA!!!! You are a wonderful mom!!!! It's okay - babies just cry sometimes. And, momma's cry sometimes too...it's okay! Wish I were there to hug you, friend :)