Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Icky

Ever just feel icky? Like you are not super sick, but you have that sore throat, tight sinuses and general acheness?


Yep, that's me today. I am actually hoping to head to bed soon, perhaps after a cup of tea or maybe neo citron....


But today, well today was a winner. I had an all day meeting (sounds like fun, you might be thinking). ALL DAY. And while I see the value of meeting as a group and discussing things that are difficult to figure out via conference call, it is a mentally tiring exercise.


Did I mention I had a little presentation to make? Did I mention that my current job duties create more work for my colleagues at other sites?


Yeah. I'm not their favourite right now. And while I know that being friends with everyone is not possible, I would still like to have people like me. I know, it's unrealistic, but that is how I am wired. Unfortunately I am a people pleaser and that is what I try to do, make everyone happy...


On that note, have you noticed how miserable most people are? I was talking about work with a co-worker and we got on the subject of how people are losing their jobs (or have lost their jobs) and how we should really be VERY thankful to have steady work. 


Have you ever heard this quote "Everything is amazing and nobody is happy"?


Kinda made me stop and think when I heard that. Everything really IS amazing, just ask a toddler! But it is so so easy to get caught up in complaining, I am definitely guilty of this too!


So here is my goal - no complaining for the rest of the week. 


Unrealistic?


Maybe.


Let's give it a go, what do I have to lose??

No comments: