Saturday, September 10, 2011

Run Run

Today I ran 8 miles....well, I think it was actually 7.86 but I am using the principle of rounding and calling it 8 miles!!


I used this nifty website to map out my route so that I could get close to 8 miles and actually know where I was planning to go instead of meandering aimlessly until I hit my goal mileage! If you want to see the route, check out this


What the map DOES NOT show is this:


- Surprise inclines


- 1 rottweiler, 1 german shepherd and 1 unknown breed of scary/vicious looking dog behind short/non-existent fences


- 1 easily spooked horse


- Loud cows


- Smell of marijuana


Let me just say, I prefer to run with a group! But I am pretty proud of myself for running the 8 miles on my own in about 1 hour 20 minutes. I am sore but happy to be done my run and ready to get on with the beautiful sunny day!


Happy Saturday y'all!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Sounds like a pretty eventful run! Way to go on running that far by yourself, it's not easy to be out there on your own and keep going :)