Sunday, November 06, 2011

Ironman as a Swimming Instructor and other such randomness

Hey Y'all - it's November! Can you believe it? I certainly cannot, surely the calendar is LYING. We are slowly edging towards Christmas, as I am often reminded by our Christmas countdown lady at work. She is a friend of mine, and I love her, but surely there is always at least ONE of these countdowners in every office. Right? And don't you want to know when we are halfway to Christmas? How about 3 months away? Or 52 sleeps?


Just admit it, you have someone in mind...


On other random notes, we had Ironman as Arabella's swimming instructor yesterday. It's actually a bit funny, seeing as out of the 3 lessons I've gone to with Arabella we have only had her "regular" instructor once. This week it was Jake, a recent transfer from another municipality. And while Jake was lovely, he was definitely from a DIFFERENT municipality.


He was enthusiastic, made humourous comments and bore an uncanny likeness to Robert Downey Jr. For serious. Honestly I think I may have made him uncomfortable with the amount of staring I did...I just kept thinking how odd it was that Tony Stark was teaching swimming. You would think the war business would keep him fairly busy...


Anyways, other than that tidbit I don't have tons to share - life has been busy indeed! We hosted our dear friends Erika and David (and their adorable baby Evalie and friendly puppy Jolie) for the past couple weeks or so. Between our schedules and work and them getting possession of their house (yay!) and Brian helping paint/carpet clean the time has just flown! And as I write this I am reminded that I need to get up around 4 am to catch my flight to Ottawa tomorrow morning.


Yikes!


I will miss my dear Arabella for the 4 days I am gone, BUT I have a 4 day weekend when I get back, so I am super happy to have 4 days with my babe. I really truly treasure my weekend time with her, especially when it is more than the standard 2!


So goodnight world, have a great week and be on the lookout for celebrities - you never know where they might pop up :)

No comments: