Wednesday, November 16, 2011

S(ick)

Blah. Blech. Icky.


That is me today, one big ball of not feeling so good. I slept in until 11 am today (well, after trying to get up at 5:30 to go to work...and then tossing and turning a bit). I just could not move. (Many thanks to my helpful hubby who got up with Arabella, got her ready and took her to Emily's so I could rest - love you Bri!).


So after the many hours of sleep I am kind of awake, albeit pretty dopey, and I thought I would do a quick blog post before I retreat to the couch for the afternoon. 


Last week I was in Ottawa attending a work symposium. Yeah. Let's just say it was mainly a "complain-osium" and there are some outstanding issues that have some people pretty darn upset right now. I thought that the concept of the symposium was good, and about half of the agenda items were very relevant and useful. The rest? Well, in an effort to remain positive I will simply say it did not meet the needs of our working group.


Enough said.


On the fun side, we had the opportunity to do some sight-seeing on our last afternoon in town. I had seen the parliament buildings a few times but had never done the tour, so a small group of us decided to go on the tour. It was really quite interesting and the buildings were just incredible! So much amazing history and meaning packed into those buildings, it really is incredible.


Here are few photos from our tour - sadly I had brought my small camera so the photos aren't too great...although my proficiency with my "big" fancy camera is not up to snuff either, so it might be a moot point.


Anyway, here they are....
Parliament Buildings

Fire & fountain outside parliament - each shield represents the provinces/territories

House of Commons (where our elected MPs sit and debate)


Pretty archways outside the library (the library is the last remaining part of the original parliament buildings, after a fire)



House of Senate (where the appointed Senators sit - pretty much the sweetest job ever)
And that caps off my adventures in Ottawa...and in a week I'll be back again. Hooray. Hopefully I won't be feeling this crappy or it'll make for a looooong conference week!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, and I am not proficient with my oh so fancy digi SLR either, but too get frustrated with my point and shoot....but that being said, seems like the tour was fun and you got some good pics :)