Ok, that totally felt 80s, or maybe 90s, either way it took me back - way back! And speaking of things that "take me back", my sister is here visiting and not only that, she is staying at MY house right now. Yep, that's right, I get to have my sissy here with me. Am I lucky or what? Seriously, I love having her around.
Funny how 2 girls can grow up with the same parents and experience the same events and yet remember and hold on to very very different things as memories from childhood. Does anyone else find this fascinating? It really does show that as people we are our own, we may share DNA, share family, share clothes, share secrets, share stories, share love, share pain, share memories....but we own our own thoughts, feelings and perspectives.
I've had a few moments of clarity, some really really really great conversations, and I have to say I have learned a lot from my amazing little sister. She really is quite amazing. And really truly I am thankful that we are friends. I won't say we always saw eye to eye as kids, actually we saw things quite differently! But we giggled, played, and shared many a good time, inbetween the sisterly squabbling and divergent opinions.
Did I mention that my sister is starting a Masters program soon? That she is published in medical journals and other magazines? That she is an athlete? That she is a great Aunty and loves her little niece to bits? That she is very thoughtful and kind? That she is a great cook? That she can bake a mean wacky cake or vegan pumpkin cheesecake?
Yep. She is awesome.
Just saying.
So, about those Christmas trees...ours is empty underneath, is yours full of shiny packages? We have a little investigator who monitors the tree area, so for the first time ever I think we will not have presents sitting under our tree! And if I don't get things together I won't have gifts ready to wrap! Yikes! Just a few more items to pick up and I can call this thing DONE!
| Shopping with Grandma & Aunty Erin at Bellis Fair |
| I love my Aunty! |
Here's to last minute shopping, packages not being shipped in time and other such Christmas crises! Now bring us some figgie pudding...
2 comments:
I love reading what you write, you write a story that is interesting, funny, witty and always well versed. I usually have difficulties finding the right words, yet you always sound exactly as I would like to...thanks for always bringing a smile to my face when I visit your blog.
Lyssie! This made me cry. Thanks for writing that; I have felt so lucky to be able to share food, laughs, miles and time with you through December. Love you x
Post a Comment