Sooooo, do you like the new template? I thought if I pretend to be fancy pants, maybe one day I will be ;)
Anyway, I have been thinking a lot about the "word for 2012" thing. And I am definitely not the only one doing this...in fact I have been inspired by other's words for this coming year and challenged myself to find one. You can check out a few of them here, or here, or even here. Really quite inspiring, take a look and see what the "word" is out in blogland.
So what is my word for 2012?
INTENTION.
Do you live with intention?
I don't. Not consistently.
I wonder sometimes if I am the only one who has trouble figuring out and succeeding in all the compartments in life. You know, being good at the job compartment of you life, and the marriage compartment, and the parenting compartment, and the fitness compartment, and the spirituality compartment, and the social compartment, and the healthy eating compartment, and the family (extended) compartment, and the fashion compartment, and the "well read" compartment....
Am I the only one?
I once read an article about work-life balance that basically said a perfect balance is impossible. Sounds discouraging, but the real message was that balance ebbs and flows, sometimes you are more heavily focussed on work while at other times you can focus more on family (in very, very simple paraphrase!). The problem is I can't handle ebb and flow, it must ALL happen NOW. Oh, and I should mention that it should all be done well, mediocrity is not allowed!
But what I find difficult is organizing my life to a point that it runs like a well oiled piece of machinery, or perhaps a well-captained pirate ship - yes, that's it, I just need Johnny Depp running things around here.... Ok, just kidding on that last part...he wasn't really a great captain anyway with the mutany and all...
So this year my word is intention. And here is how I want it to begin:
- Goal setting for 2012 (start with the end in mind!)
- Monthly areas/compartments of my life that I will focus on
- Daily must do's (lunch prep, quick tidy, paper filing, earlier bedtime etc.) the make daily life manageable
- Time limits (ummm, Pinterest and Facebook I mean you!)
Because I want to enjoy the many good things in life, I need to intentionally look for them. Living with intention means turning off auto pilot, no easy task for this gal!
What is your word?
1 comment:
Good post Lys & great word!! Auto pilot is so much easier but you miss out on so much - great reminder to get "in the game" and live with INTENTION!
xo
Post a Comment