...it's definitely NOT snowing! Yay!
Ok, so the rain and dreary days do tend to be a wee bit depressing; however, I will take depressing over anxious, cause that is what snow does to me! Just let it snow about 6-12 inches, tell me I have to go to work and watch me sweat (I mean lightly perspire/glow). Seriously. I only appreciate snow when it lightly dusts our world and stays the heck off the roads.
I know, I know, we live in Canada, but right now I live in the LOWER mainland of BC, the temperate rainforest, and I am pretty sure the unwritten rule is that we get a bit of snow for a few days and then it moves on. That was my agreement anyway...
Moving on. Tonight was my first night "back" with my running group. I am officially crazy and am planning to run another half marathon! And it is on my birthday to boot! So, if you are in the area and want to cheer me on as I run a ridiculous 13.1 miles, please come out to Abbotsford and support the Run for Water 2012.
I have to say that I am a bit out of practice and that if I hadn't been running with Kim over the last couple months, I would have nearly died (so thanks Kim for keeping me running!!). There were actually a ton of people there tonight, as there are 3 different running groups for the Wednesday night run, and I saw that our group was doing hill training, with the following caption printed neatly on the board, "Hills, a runner's best friend." Hmmm. I might disagree, especially on the third go up that hill...
Anyway, to make a long, mostly uninteresting, story short, I barely managed to force myself to go, force myself to run in the rain and force myself up that hill. 6 times. Plus a 2 km run there and 2 km back. Yep, I'm tired.
But, as always, there is a reward for my efforts - leftover black forest cake! I told myself I could eat a slice ONLY if I ran.....just desserts indeed :)
2 comments:
Cake is a nice finishing treat! The rain was horrible yesterday.... HORRIBLE! I sympathize and could never do this alone either... Personal Birthday Best here you come!!!
Lady you crazy!!
But I admire your determination and that you do this - now if I could only get my butt off the couch I'd be in business!
xo
Post a Comment