Thursday, February 02, 2012

January Clubbin

So I found myself in need of some creative inspiration for my January club meeting....and it sure felt hard to come by! I definitely need a lesson in how to quickly "scraplift" what I need from the web, StampinUp catalogue and other creative sources.

But I FINALLY came up with a couple of cards to showcase some of StampinUp's AWESOME new products, and here are a the ones I used:

- Scented embossing powder (yep, sniff that card, it smells like Vanilla - yum!)

- Fabric

- Glitter glue

- Crystal effects (so many ways to use this stuff, I love it!)

- Edgelit die

- Framelits die (love these nesting dies - didn't realize how awesome they were until I actually used one. Love it!)

But of course, you are wondering - what do they look like?? Never fear, the photos are here, see below for the Valentines Day card and the any occasion card:


Crystal effects on the cupcake icing to add dimension; scented embossing powder on the "Be My Valentine", glitter glue on the cherry and heart.

Used the nested framelits die to cut out the card shape, the patterned paper and the saying.

Made roses out of the StampinUp fabric - so easy to make!


No comments: