Sooo, do you love that question? Dread that question? Ponder that question at 3:30 pm each day?
For the most part, I love that question, and yes, I am strange. HOWEVER, I am also a meal planner and like to know for the coming week what we are eating for dinner, for each night, for the whole week. So if you said, "What are you eating Wednesday?", I would reply, "Oh, we're having teriyaki salmon with rice and probably steamed carrots.". Isn't that easy?
Honestly, if I didn't know what I was planning for dinner I would be a mess. Sorta tells you a bit about me...
Anyway, I wanted to share a recipe that I discovered while searching for vegan/vegetarian meals, this was called "vegetarian bunny chow", so I knew immediately it was a winner :) It is actually a South African dish and normally contains meat, but is often served in bread bowls and is a curry style dish (which is funny, because it doesn't actually have curry in it...)
Say what?? A bread bowl AND curry style flavour? Yep. Delicious.
So here is what it looks like at our house for dinner tonight....
Homemade bread "bowls" (aka large buns)
Chickpea bunny chow simmering
All together now....
A family favourite for sure, other than Brian asking "Where's the meat?" Oh Brian, just think of chickpeas and beans and quinoa as meat.....
2 comments:
well I am one who dreads that question, and it's harder now not knowing who will be home and how much to make at any one given meal...unfortunately I also live with a hubby who doesn't like change, so I tend to circle the same 7 or 8 dishes, talk about boring. I love that you can plan out your meals for a whole week, and I am jealous of the new flavors you are trying.
The other day I saw a cute idea for a Menu dry-erase board on Pinterest and I thought about making it, but then I realized that I decide what I'm making for dinner that night and it's always two seperate meals, so it would be pointless! I thought of you though, because you always plan the week ahead. Good for you though! I wish I could be that organized!
Post a Comment