Anyway, today I felt like I needed to use up some peaches that were in our freezer, so I was searching for a peach muffin recipe. BUT I am also out of butter...which means all I need to do is search "vegan" and voila - butter-free delicious recipes!
I adapted this recipe and it turned out quite nice, nice enough to down two muffins nearly straight out of the oven. Is there anything more heavenly than fresh baking??
My adaptation was partly by mistake...in fact I completely FORGOT to add the 1 cup of non-dairy milk! Turns out that if you forget this step, it doesn't really matter as long as your peaches are super juicy and you bake for closer to 22 minutes instead of 30! Also, I used 1 cup white flour, almost 1 cup of whole wheat (used the last bits of that flour bin) and about a 1/4 cup of flax meal instead of whole wheat and spelt flour.
Here are my lovely and delicious creations:
Oh, and Happy Belated Canada Day! Arabella was sick pretty much the whole week before, so we opted to skip church (i.e. save the other nursery babies from possibly catching her cold) and go the pancake breakfast at Krause Berry Farms. It was by donation and raised money for breast cancer research in memory of one of the Krause ladies.
It was a deliciously simple breakfast with an AWESOME strawberry sauce! Arabella loved it! Afterwards we browsed the market and bought some strawberries and raspberries - delish!
By the way, this is the expression Arabella gives you when you ask for a "happy face". Oh boy. Gonna need to work on that smile!
Hope you are all enjoying July so far! Tomorrow we celebrate 11 years of marriage (WOWSERS, how did that happen?!?) so we are dropping off the babe with Grandma and Grandpa and heading into Vancouver to enjoy the awesome weather, sites and eats of the city!

2 comments:
So jealous of your central air conditioning! There is no way I'd even think of turning on our oven! And those muffins look delicious!
So jealous of your central air conditioning! There is no way I'd even think of turning on our oven! The muffins look delicious!
Post a Comment