Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pinterest Success?

You know all those things you pin to your "DIY" board or your "Crafty Awesomeness" board or your "I love this but let's be realistic it will NEVER happen" board?? Yeah, I have some fun things posted to those boards too and today I finally decided to try one of them. The amazingly simple keep-your-toddler-entertained-for-hours felt Christmas tree.

This is the pinned image....

Really truly, it was time to rock the felt. Can I be honest? In Sunday school as a kid I LOVED the "flannelboard", the flannel/felt board where the teacher would put the characters from whatever Bible story we were reviewing and change them up as the story went on. Sometimes the teacher asked for a helper and I always wanted it to be me, and sometimes it was. See, dreams do come true! ;)

So perhaps I was actually more excited about the felt tree than Arabella could ever be...but it was MOSTLY for her :) Here is the result:


This IS my happy face...


And this did NOT keep her entertained for hours, but she did play with the felt for awhile and I think that it will be a fun thing for her to play with off and on over the holidays. I was also quite happy to use my big shot dies to make this project - each time I use my crafting supplies I feel more justified in my ridiculous collection. It's only worth it if you use it, right??

Happy Holiday Crafting everyone!

No comments: