Pictures as promised! We had a quick trip to Ottawa - 2 nights and 1 full day where we squeezed in a visit with my cousin Paul and his lovely girlfriend Jen (sadly I have NO pictures of them, silly me). plus a visit with my friend Evelyn who relocated to Ottawa (sniff sniff, I still miss her around the office!).
We did a tour of parliament (did I mention it is awesome?) and a run through of the Museum of Civilization (literally ran through the last part, as we arrived 1 hour before closing!).
After all of the running around, sightseeing and freezing our butts off, I have to say I am so PROUD to be CANADIAN. I love this country (as does Obama - he said so in an Ottawa bakery so it must be true), and I am reminded of the rich history it has, ties to England and all. Did you know that Queen Elizabeth is our Queen? It's true, we are still headed by the monarchy. Amazing.
Welcome to Ottawa!
 |
| Dinner @ Real Sports with Evelyn - this girl rocks! |
 |
| Museum exhibit dedicated to the Queen - so cool! |
 |
| The museum! |
 |
| Names of those who have served our country (part of the war memorial in the Peace Tower of Parliament) |
 |
| Lest We Forget |
 |
| View in Ottawa |
 |
| Parliament! (See those people near the steps? They were prepping for a protest. What is a capitol visit without a protest?) |
 |
| Thanks Bri. |
 |
| Decorated for Christmas |
 |
| Elegant archways |
 |
| Royal Cookies! The big red ones even have "W&K" on them (notice the poster in the back?). |
 |
| Obama cookies (aka Maple Leaf shaped sugar cookies...not sure how this makes them "Obama", but Jen told us she won a bet when one of her friends was convinced it was a white and black cookie, thus labelled "Obama Cookies"...) |
No comments:
Post a Comment