Sunday, December 30, 2012

Eve of New Year's Eve

Wow, December 30th. Unbelievable. I blinked and 2012 disappeared, poof, just like a magic trick that gets less and less magical each year as I grasp desperately at trying to slow life down.

I feel like 2013 is so beyond what I am ready for. Really, 2013, is it really 13 years (although I suppose technically 14 years...) into the 2000's? I find it tough to believe I am solidly "in" my 30s, that I am going back to school and that I might at some point be a Mom of 2. Who let me be a Mom of 1 anyway?? Sometimes I wonder....and other days (most days) I am so in love with my little girl. Sigh.

Joys and sorrows, happiness and loneliness, pain and elation. I think that sums up 2012. Am I ready for it to be over? Yes. No.

My one thought is this, if I was determined to live with intention at the beginning of 2012, am I now calling that accomplished at its close? Not so much. I still often feel like I live in a fog BUT 2012 was a breakdown/build up year where I can say that God is good, all the time, even when the crap really hit the fan. I am not pretending to be calm, patient and even tempered in the face of difficult circumstances, but I am claiming to cling to the God and creator of the universe, who I trust to hold my life in his hands. If you want to know what has changed for me in 2012 just ask me sometime, it is a story worth telling and mainly due to what God has done.

May your New Year's Eve plans bring you joy and reflection, hope and anticipation. Ring in 2013 with happiness, why not start a new year with a newly invigorated spirit? That is what I am praying for myself and for my friends and family too.

Happy (almost) New Years!!

No comments: