Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013...where do I begin?

Our little fam on New Year's Eve
I think I have blogger amnesia.  Yep. It's pretty serious. Its symptoms are intermittent blog posts, with possible lapses in judgement while posting and complete blank spots when attempting recall of previously blogged topics. It isn't life threatening, but it can be fatal, if your readers catch on. Wait, do I have readers? Perhaps a few and can I say it warmed my heart a little when my hubby commented that I hadn't blogged in awhile....awwww, he DOES read my blog. Smile.

Some people struggle with exhaustion, motivation and other things but I think for me the biggest struggle right now is focus. At a macro level (oh yeah, this is going college level peeps) I manage to focus on the big things (stay healthy, work hard, make time for family, pay bills) but at a micro level I run around in circles trying to put out the fires, hoping that in the meantime I will get enough of a "break" to sweep up the ashes and tidy the soot. Does that make sense? I do what needs to be done, but I long to accomplish what I WANT to be done. Maybe I need to make a list...or several lists.

With a new year there are always some new dreams and aspirations. For me, I am embarking on a bit of a life change - ask me about it sometime - and this has thrown things into a bit of chaos. For mostly better and a little bit worse I am stretching, growing, learning, letting go and trying desperately to hold loosely to a lot of my things.

And perhaps to anchor me I am drawn back to the verse I quoted in my grad yearbook - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11. I need to rest in this.

Welcome 2013, I don't know what you bring but I trust in the God who does.


Welcoming the New Year with a new experience - Arabella's first time ice skating

No comments: