...in reference to something super delicious I just discovered, as in "oh baby baby" (as only Salt N Pepa can sing it!). Can I just say I LOVE chocolate and I go through sweet phases where I am willing to ransack the house to find a bit of chocolate or a stray chocolate chip cookie that I've hidden in the back of the freezer...sometimes I feel like I NEED that bit of sweet. Usually I can limit it to a little bit each day but there are times where if there are mini cupcakes available I may eat 2 or 4 or perhaps 6....seriously.
Tonight was a craving night and I found my muse - chocolate pudding! Made with avocados. Now before you go and freak, check it. It's super yummy. I found it on Pinterest, the mother of good and evil food, from a website called
Fitsugar (doesn't that sound great?!?).
Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
- 2 pitted & sliced avocados
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (I used just over 1/2 a cup, plus a few tablespoons of peanut butter and some honey)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- sprinkling of cinnamon
Blend it up!
 |
| Cocoa powdery goodness |
 |
| Deliciousness in progress! |
 |
Finished product with some pistachios on top
Tips:
- Use a food processor if you can (mine was already dirty and I was too lazy to wash it!) - or a good blender if you have one; my blender is pretty lame but it did a decent job of combining (enough so that I had NO problem eating it!)
- Put a serving in a small bowl. Cause you will eat it all.
- Don't tell anyone what is in it and encourage your toddler to eat it. Maybe even for breakfast (or a pre-ballet class snack!)
PS I am watching my pvr'd interview of Lance Armstrong with Oprah and it is a bit painful. Right now I am reading a book by his ex-wife, who is a runner and writer, and I have immense respect for her thus far. I can only imagine what it must have been like to live with that....and there are definitely two sides to every story, but things get MESSY when your dirty laundry is finally aired out. Thankfully I will never be famous and my secret chocolate hoarding won't need discussing on Oprah...
Happy Friday!
|
1 comment:
Looks SO good Lys! I don't have real maple syrup otherwise I'd whip some up now...and I'm not going out in -43 degree weather to get syrup...it will be on my list for the next Costco trip though!!
See you in 9 sleeps!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment