Have you ever done a post and then lost it as you tried to edit? Well I just did and I am quite upset, I had done a long post and was having issues with pictures not uploading and then I lost the entire thing - how sucky!!!
Anyway, I guess I will just try to recreate it but it will never be the same...
So, this weekend we were at Uncle Billy's house in Kamloops. We drove up with Brian's parents and spent the whole long weekend there. I love going to Kamloops and visiting Brian's family there, we always have a good time with lots of laughs. We spent Saturday evening at a BBQ for Krista and Brendan and Nicki and Blair. Both couples are heading to foreign countries for awhile - Sweden and Cayman Islands. If I had some extra cash I would visit both of them, but if I could only do one I think that the Caymans would be calling my name! The BBQ was fun and most of the family was there.
Sunday morning we had a graveside family gathering to put Nanny's ashes to rest. Brian's Nan (grandma) passed away last October/November and although we held a funeral then, the ashes were not laid to rest and so we came together to be there for that. It was intimate and emotional, as a few people spoke about their memories of Nanny and how hard it is to believe that she is really gone. It was just so shocking to hear the news and I still have hard time thinking that I will not see her again on earth. Brian and I both really broke down when Bowan started talking about his last contact with Nanny when he left for Oklahoma. I think that Brian and I really were able to mourn the loss and that I was finally able to cry to express my sadness. I have really only known Nanny for about 5 or 6 years, but I feel like she has been around for most of my life. She was a warm and caring person, always willing to listen and wanting to share things with you. I don't know if I have met anyone quite like her, although Brian's Mom has very similar qualities. I really have a hard time knowing that she will not be here to "pinch" our babies and then cuddle them. I look forward to meeting her again in heaven and I hope that she can see her family and can see that we all remember her kindness, and that we are trying to remember the joy of knowing her and not the sadness of her departure. I hope that Brian's family will continue to get together and that we can visit them more often too. I guess it is easy to take things like that for granted and I know that when my grandparents pass away I will feel a void too that cannot be filled.
We were able to have a lunch after the gathering and the grandkids were able to pick a few things of Nanny's to take home. We have a casserole dish and a silver plate and I will always think of her whenever I use them. The lunch was a good chance to get to know the family and to spend time with all of Brian's cousins (I still have to ask who some of them are...there are quite a few!).
Well, I was going to post some pics but I am having uploading issues despite the hour and a half that I spent in attempting to correct. I will try to post again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment