Saturday, January 20, 2007

Celebrations, Celebrations!

Well, I decided to pick a new color to write in tonight - it is kind of an "ugly" color but I should give all colors equal opportunities right? Can you tell I have been a government employee for 5 years? Scary!! I still can't believe that I have worked for one organizaiton for that long, thank God that I have had different jobs during those five years and that there has been variety!

Anyway, that is not what I wanted to write about tonight. It is Bri's birthday tomorrow and it is Karin's birthday on Monday so we were able to celebrate with Karin tonight in our own small way. Karin's life has been busy with so much stuff lately (and important stuff at that!) so it was nice to be able to celebrate with her. We also got to meet Ryan, who Karin has mentioned often but whom we have never met in person. He was nice and seemed okay to talk with us, although I think we may have bored him a bit, as we had a pretty relaxed evening - nothing too crazy or exciting.

Tomorrow will be a day long celebration for Brian with our family and friends. I hope that he has fun and that he will feel celebrated. Birthdays are so important to remind people that we are glad that they were born and that we can know them, but life can get so busy that we almost rush by without acknowledging other's special days. I hope that I can remember these things for my family and friends throughout the years!! I must get one of those birthday calendars and write them all down once and for all!

Anyway, I am actually kind of tired, so I might just read for a bit and then head to bed. But it is so tempting to see what is on SNL this weekend, I do enjoy that show most of the time.

On another note, we had two showings this weekend, so that is positive. I hope that we get an offer soon, it has been rather discouraging to have showings but no 2nd showings and no offers. I would like to know whether or not we are supposed to move and whether or not we are supposed to get that property in Fort Langley. Only God knows the future and I feel like I am being given a lesson in patience, which I am sure Brian would agree that I need!!

Well, off I go to read and perhaps go to bed...we have an early start tomorrow as we are going to the 9 am service. I really don't know what I will do when I have kids - no sleeping in ever! That will be an adjustment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan here, just for the record, the Birtday celebration did not bore me. It was nice to meet you both, as I know your friendship is very dear to Karin. Hopefully there will be many not so "exciting" nights as I am a bit of an introvert myself, and don't mind hanging out and watching movies, etc. P.S. the guitar was cool.