Okay, everyone who thinks my exciting news is being pregnant...........you are soooooo wrong! I have some exciting news from work (yes, this stuff is few and far between)! I get to go on an out of town business trip to....OTTAWA! Although I will admit that the nation's capital has not been on my top 10 vacation listing, it is a neat place to visit and even better to visit for free! I get to stay at the Marriott hotel in downtown Ottawa all by myself in a comfy king size bed. I have never really traveled by myself so this will be a bit of an adventure for me. I am also planning to head over to Montreal once my work conference is over and take vacation time to spend a few days exploring Montreal. I have always wanted to visit the big M and I love that I have this chance now! I am trusting that I am capable of figuring out how to get around and feed myself all alone and I am looking forward to going past Manitoba - cause I've never been past Winnipeg!
Anyway, that is probably the most exciting thing that is happening for me right now. My friend at work who is my age, is now pregnant and I somehow feel like that means I am starting to fall behind in life. I know that there is no rush and I really do not want to be pregnant at this exact point in time, but I look forward to taking that journey and being as happy about it as she is.
Well, it is Friday - TGIF!!! I am surprisingly tired after a four day week; somehow I was convinced that I would only need to work short work weeks like over the holidays - so foolish! Anyway, I will get back to my household duties....or perhaps I will make some cards, read and relax. A Cinnamon Dolce latte from Starbucks would be really good right about now......
1 comment:
That is so exciting Lys!! Mind if I come along?? I've never been to Ottawa or Montreal either, I am sure you wouldn't mind if your FAVE sister-in-law joined you, right?? RIGHT?? Seriously,it's really cool!!
Post a Comment