Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Preparing for Montreal...

I am currently in the process of finding a place to stay in Montreal where I will be close to transit, somewhere non-seedy and somewhere where I can have my own bathroom - and did I mention I would like to pay $65 or less? Anyway, good accommodation at that rate is hard to find and I am having a slight panic attack as I am a week and a half away from leaving and have yet to book somewhere to stay!

I took one step today and bought a french phrases book and a Montreal guidebook from Chapters. Both books look like they will be helpful but even as I sounded out some of the phrases I realized how rusty my high school french is! Hopefully I will just be immersed in the culture...or someone will take pity and admit that they speak English in order to help me!!

Anyway, Brian bought this new expansion thing for one of his computer games and I can almost feel his anxiety about me using the computer right now when all he wants to do is play...

So, that is it for now. I will post more updates later and my travel plans...

PS I passed my exam that I took in December and passed the course (just barely - slightly embarassing!) So, one more course starting in March and one last exam in June and I am done done done!! Yippee!

No comments: