Saturday, August 11, 2007

New things for September

Well, things are changing and I must say I am excited! I finally got a call from Human Resources at Corrections Canada offering me a job as a Finance Officer at the Matsqui Institution in Abbotsford! (My Mom has been telling her friends that her daughter is going to jail and then laughing when they look concerned - so funny Mom) Anyway, I have been trying for many years to get a finance position with a government department and I am truly happy to take on this new challenge. Happy, sad and nervous all at once. I am sad to leave my friends at work and to leave a big workplace (over 300 people in my division, close to 700 in our building) and go to a small office of 5!! Plus I will be supervising 3 people which scares me a bit, seeing as I have never really done that before. All in all I am excited but new jobs are always hard at the beginning, as you have so much to learn and adapt to.


So, that is the big news in my life right now. We are still waiting for my parent's house to sell so that we can buy a place together but we had a couple of showings this week that I would hope would be promising. Lord willing we will be out of this house before the end of October!! I packed all my sweaters and coats into storage and they are completely inaccessible unless the entire storage space is emptied. Sigh. Waiting, waiting, waiting.


There is always work to do, so I best get to it. Plus I would like to read for a bit (reading for pleasure - a new concept since I finished school!). Gotta go...


Oh, and here is a photo from our latest adventures...

No comments: