Wow, is it really 2008? Have I really not blogged since November?? Things have changed for me, many events have taken place and I am not sure where to start...
The fact that I am writing this from a different home is one thing that has changed. In a matter of 2 weeks we went looking for a house, saw one, lost the bid war, had a second chance and then got the house we wanted - with possession on December 1st. It was a crazy whirlwind of legal paperwork, money exchanges, mortgage applications and moving (did I mention it also snowed HEAVILY the weekend we moved? Or that Brian's company Christmas party was the weekend we moved?? Or that I left for NY 2 days after we moved???). To say the least, things were crazy.
Then, I jetted off to NY on December 3rd - what an adventure that was! Kim and I drove down to Seattle (in pouring rain and 100 mile per hour winds) and flew to NY to stay with Kim's friend Amy in Manhattan (upper west side of lovely Manhattan!). It was a fantastic week that I can't even begin to summarize here. We walked everywhere, saw Times Square almost every day, had Starbucks every day, went to 2 shows, braved the Bronx (with only one or two psuedo near death experiences), walked on the Brooklyn bridge, saw ground zero, saw the Statue of Liberty, explored Central Park, viewed NY from top of Rockefeller center, became almost famous by going on the 10 years younger show being filmed in NY, went to SOBs for a night of dancing (it was a latino dance club/bar, not some random jerk's house, just in case you were wondering), drooled over rings at Tiffanys....and so much more! I loved being in NY and I would go back anytime!!
Once I got home from NY the rush to get ready for Christmas began. It was a lot of late nights (including decorating the tree at 11:30 pm on a week night
) trying to finish off gifts, prep for family stuff and set up enough stuff to make our house liveable. Christmas went by in a blur, and I was almost happy when it was over because the whole month of December felt like I lived it in fast forward mode. Here is a great picture of all the nephews..well, at least they were all present together at one time!
New Years was fun, low key but good times with friends. I still can't believe it is 2008....but time marches on, not waiting for me to "approve" another year ending and a new one beginning.
Now it is almost an entire week into January and I am preparing for Brian's birthday plus a whole slew of family and friend birthdays over the January/February months. For us, December to February are the most expensive months of the year - there is Christmas, plus 10 or so birthdays! I will do my best not to have children in those months (if possible)!!
So, what to do but plan for this coming year. What is my resolution? Well, I think most resolutions don't hold up so maybe I should resolve to keep on with a bad habit, then maybe I will give that up? Either way, I want 2008 to be a meaningful year and for me to seriously look at my life and figure out what I should do to make good choices, be happy and find contentment.
Well, how's that for a good blog after a month and a half of nothing?
No comments:
Post a Comment