Friday, April 11, 2008

Rare, relentless grace

On my way home tonight I was listening to Derek Webb's Cd in the car and he sings a song where he talks about God's rare, relentless grace. That line just stuck with me, and I thought - how true is this line? I know that it is true and I felt, in that moment, that my heart knew it too. I know that I try to be forgiving in my life, showing grace but I cannot say I show "rare" or "relentless" grace, but it is comforting to know that I serve a God who does show that grace. I was reminded again tonight at Kim's younglife dinner that grace shows up in many unexpected places and that God still touches people's lives. I think it is awesome that Kim gets to be a part of teenagers' lives as they learn about God.

Anyway, that is just my ramblings at 11:20 pm when I am rather tired but slightly inspired. I need to go to bed soon and rest up for the sunny day we are supposed to get!

No comments: