Saturday, April 19, 2008

Unofficial Spring Cleaning Day (or afternoonish)

For quite some time, the disorganization of various parts of our home has bothered me. Call me Monica or crazy or anal, but it just feels better when I know that things are clean. And for anyone who spends time here or eats here, I am sure it is a relief to know that I value being clean. So today we took our car for an oil change, and then came home, like any other Satuday. But I decided to do my normal weekly clean and started with the bathrooms, soon Judy, Bruce and Brian were taking on their own tasks around the house. The men generally stayed in the garage, dealing with the mass of plastic bottles and pop cans that needed to go, and rearranging the mass of stuff that was kind of just dropped in the garage and forgotten. We also put blinds on the window in the garage, so now there is some natural light but it also provides some privacy. Bruce and Judy both went to the dump with all of the junk we have taken out of the house that was left by the owners. What a relief!

Moving in the dreary month of December really does not inspire one to clean entirely, plus it is not practical to try to clean up your yard or wash your windows. So today we did some of that, plus a more intensive clean around the house. Ahhhh, it feels so nice! I can't wait until we can afford to do some of the bigger changes and put in different flooring or put up slat blinds. It will take a while to customize our place but little bits at a time it is starting to feel like home.

Anyway, I am hoping to get out and enjoy the sun that is streaming through the windows....the only drawback is that it is quite chilly today! We even had some snow and hail yesterday, all I have to say about that is DISGUSTING!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this feeling and totally want to get there too!!! SUCH a rewarding project to catch up on spring cleaning!! Even better that I have a friend who feels the same way about it :)