Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Phase!

I am taking on a new challenge in my life - I have become a Stampin Up demonstrator! For me this is a big step, as it means trying to be a salesperson but also it is a "serious" step in my life as a crafter/hobbyist. I love to stamp and create fun things with papercrafts, so I feel like this is almost a natural thing to take on, yet it still makes me nervous.

I am hoping that I will make enough time for this business and also enjoy the new challenges that it will bring. I am not a "cold caller", so I am relying on friends and family to help me get started.

So, I have planned an "Open House" event for October 25th and am hoping that lots of people will attend and get some great ideas for fun crafts but also want to book a workshop.

In the meantime I am waiting for my big order of paper and other fun supplies to arrive, so that I can prepare the make and takes and other displays. The package is supposed to arrive on Monday and I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will be great! You are passionate about the product, so it shouldn't be difficult for you to sell it!

susan said...

Good for you Lys! You are going to be awesome at this!! I wish I could be there for your open house!!
Have fun with it!