Friday, July 10, 2009

Time flies by

Time marches on and I find myself having celebrated my 8th wedding anniversary this week. 8 YEARS - I can hardly believe that much time has passed! That is nearly a decade people! I told Brian he can start saving for my ten year ring, hahahaha!!

We decided to celebrate simply, like we usually do, and we went to the Boathouse at White Rock beach. The meal was good, a bit pricier than I would like, and I did have to send my salmon back to be cooked more. I guess that when we go to a place that actually asks how you would like your fish done that I need to say well done. Something about partially cooked fish just weirds me out - clearly I am not a sushi fan!!


After our dinner we went to the pier for a little walk. Even though it is July that does not mean the west coast is guaranteed sun....and we definitely had a chilly, wet day for our anniversary. I was determined to wear my new summer dress so I was really cold and got wet for the sake of wearing this dress....oh the sacrifices I make for fashion ;)

We took some solo pics (like most couples) and then attempted the self-done-arm-extended-double portrait. A man took pity on us and asked if we would like him to take a picture, we agreed that would be better. He took our photo and then asked, "Are you on your honeymoon?" I laughed and laughed and said "No, it is our 8 year anniversary", he looked shocked and then muttered a congratulations. I guess we look young enough to be newly weds??



Anyway, it was a lovely evening and to top it all off my nephew Seth said "Auntie Lys your hair looks very pretty". Seriously. So sweet!

2 comments:

susan said...

Happy Anniversary! So funny about the guy thinking it was your honeymoon...aw.

Canadian Kristin said...

Awww... young love! Supah-cute dress, too boot!
Happy 8th Anniversary!