Saturday, September 26, 2009

Grieving TOM

Okay, so I admit that it may be a bit odd to grieve for TOM (Treasury of Memories), but really it was my most favourite scrapbooking store! It was also the reason for many a day trip to Bellingham to shop with friends (or sister-in-laws) and an excuse to just get out and see some different stuff. The staff at TOM are AMAZING, they are talented, creative and so in love with their hobby that they were thrilled to help you find things and to make suggestions if you were stuck.

It is like losing a tradition, so I really am quite sad that the store is closing. I actually went into work an hour early and worked through my lunch so that I could leave at 2:30 pm to hit the first day of their closing sales. My friend from work came with me and took a picture of what is likely my last trip there.

Sigh. So, goodbye Treasury of Memories - thanks for the fun shopping environment and the many inspirations, I will miss you!!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Love that you needed a shopping cart! Who knew that a scrapbooking store would have shopping carts!!

Anonymous said...

SUCH HUGE SADNESS :( I am going for my last ever visit this coming Thursday morning...the last of the picked over items will be my plunder...