Friday was Brian's birthday, so in his honour this post will be typed in a Superman bluish colour. At least it looks like the right kind of blue on my computer, but who knows if you'll agree. Plus, I've always had this problem with blue and purple, they are way too close a colour at times and I can often think something is more blue and Brian will tell me it is CLEARLY more purple.....anyway....
So Sunday night we had a family dinner to celebrate his birthday (sorry Susan, we don't know what is worse - inviting you even though you can't come or not inviting you at all....just know you are missed!)
I decided that I would make Hasselback baked potatoes with spinach cashew pesto to top it off. If you are thinking that there is no way I came with that on my own you are completely right! My friend Joy the baker posted this recipe and I just had to try it. It looked bright green and full of deliciousness! There was just one small problem....I said dinner would be at 5:30....I remembered at nearly 5:00 that the potatoes should be prepared and in the oven, as they take an hour to bake - had I started them at all?? Nope.
Hello dinner at 6:45 pm. Ooops, sorry fam! But at least it was good - steak (marinated for nearly 2 days!), hasselback potatoes, caesar salad, edamame and peanutbutter pie for dessert. Yummerriffic! (and yes, I defs just made that word up).
Needless to say, after a dinner like that last night I had a date with Jillian this morning. She kicked my butt, as usual.
And just to keep things interesting, here are a few photos from our life lately...
Arabella loves her yams (Joy #69 - feeding her!), and sometimes I can't get that spoon to her mouth fast enough so she eats her bib....seriously, I have to pry it out of her mouth and hands to feed her another spoonful!

Who is this cousin with the big eyes?
The hoodie man & Daniel entertaining Arabella (joy #70)...or maybe it was the other way around?
Who me? Just trying to eat my toes, NBD
2 comments:
Wow, nice menu!! I definitely would not turn down a dinner invite like that, even if it was late :o)
Arabella... cute as always!!
I love the hassellback potatoes and pesto... new staple in my diet....I think I eat too many!
Post a Comment