This past week and a bit have been pretty challenging as far as getting a good night's sleep goes. Maybe not such a good idea to start this post at 10 pm, but whatevs.
Arabella had this lovely sleep schedule, she usually slept from 7:30/8:00 pm until about 4 or 5 am, then she would go back to sleep for a few hours again before getting up for the day. All of a sudden that lovely schedule ended, and so did a little bit of my sanity! The new schedule was:
Bed @ 7:30
Up at 9:30
Up at 10:30
Up at 11:30
Up at 12:00
Up at 12:30
Up at 1:00
Feeding at 1:30 in an attempt to get her to sleep
Up at 4:30 - Feeding
Up at 5:50
Up at 6:30 for the day
I couldn't figure out what the deal was - a growth spurt? teething? growing pains? stuffed up nose? headache? general disregard for MY sleep? (ok kidding, I know she has no clue about how her sleep affects mine - nor does she care)
Well finally yesterday I got her to nap 3 times in the day instead of the 2 times she was moving towards....voila, she slept until 4 am. Seriously. Is it that simple? Give her naps and she sleeps longer at night?!
If that is what works I will now protect nap time with my life! Sleep = sanity
And Lord knows I need all the sanity I can get :P
***Maybe Arabella reads my blog, cause after I wrote this & posted she got up...and didn't go to sleep until nearly 1 am :( ***
3 comments:
Funny how letting her sleep more in the day means sleeping better at night! well, who care's the reasoning as long as you are getting the rest you need! Amen for good sleeping patterns for both Arabella and mommy :)
Oh Lys, I really hope that she continues to sleep for you. I'm sure having such little amount of sleep is no fun for either of you :(
I hope that she keeps sleeping better fo ryou Lys! hang in there!!!!
Post a Comment