Sunday, May 01, 2011

April Project

Friday night was club night - StampinUp club that is! So I was trying to come up with ideas for Mother's Day style cards (which, really, could be any feminine sort of card). I had one card prepped and ready before our big Easter trip, but I knew I needed ideas for a second project and I was hoping inspiration would hit me during the road trip....


Well lucky me, I got to attend StampinUp club in Edmonton with my sister in law - so fun! It was a treat to be on the other side of the table, getting to play and follow someone else's design. And I really appreciate the opportunity - I know how much work goes into planning for club night (thank you Cori!!)


So here is what I came up with for project 1...(the sorta shimmery stuff is the smooch ink, although it looks kinda funny in this photo..)




And here is what I came up with having swiped a sample card from Cori.....(the flower part pulls out from the top and is attached to a piece of cardstock that acts as the card base for writing on - cool, eh?)




And of course the ladies in my club creatively modified their cards to be even cuter - they inspire me too! Although some may get too creative...ahem, Katy! I can't even bring myself to use the words she used at club night...oh my!


 Anyway, fun was had and we were almost all in attendance - missed you Alison!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

okay, so I came home and recited Katy's "happiness" story, still made me laugh today when I thought of it. I loved this months cards, not they I don't like our past ones, but the flower pot one is just so me, I actually have it on display on my desk :D

Oh and btw...I totally appreciate the work that goes into club night, thank you :)

cori fraser said...

I LOVE these...especially how pretty your flower pot card turned out. I'm glad I was able to share!!