Sunday, May 08, 2011

Code: Happy Mother's Day

If you've seen MegaMind that title will make sense....if not, well, check out that movie it is pretty cute. And it features the voices of Tina Fey and Brad Pitt - can't go wrong there, eh?


Anyway, this is NOT about kids movies but is about MOMS. I find it a wee bit crazy that I am now amoung those called "mom". Oh what can change in a year....


Here I am last Mother's Day:


(Those pretty planters were a Mother's Day gift from my hubby)


And here I am today:


(Brian refilled the planters and cleaned them up for this Mother's Day - aren't they pretty?)


Wow, my little Arabella is growing up fast and I am learning more and more about how thankful I need to be for the time, energy, patience and love that my mom invested in me, allowing me to strive to be like that. And let me tell ya, being a Mom is no walk in the park. It is rewarding, wonderful and a whole lotta work. And yes, I am a Mom to just one. 


To all of you who are moms - a very Happy Mother's Day to you, may you enjoy the little things in life, delight in your children like you did the day they were born and take a nap if you can! 


To all of you with moms close by - celebrate with them and cherish them, the sacrifice of a mother is like no other (oops, cheesy rhyming, totally unintentional).


To all of you with moms far away - call/email/send flowers or do all of the above, they miss you deeply!



1 comment:

Vanessa Z. said...

I love the two pictures in comparison! Lots happens in one year. Hope you had an amazing First Mother's Day!