This is it, the home stretch, the last 3 weeks I have at home before I go back to work. So many thoughts are rushing through my brain and many more lists are composing in my head as to what I need to attempt to complete before I head back.
Wow, 3 more weeks.
Today this is what I am feeling:
- Sadness (I will miss time with Arabella)
- Worry (1 - Will I still be able to do my job? 2 - Will Arabella transition well?)
- Guilt (Am I choosing work over the well being of my child? Is this a selfish thing?)
- Anxiety (Will my coworkers accept me back into their circles? Will my friendships reconnect where left off? Will I do a good enough job to please my boss?)
- Excitement (I get to use a different part of my brain!)
Who knows what this new transition will bring, but I am doing my best to embrace it and let it be what it will be. I need to go back to work, so I need to find the positives. And I know Arabella is in AWESOME care while I am away, so I am sure she will be just fine....her momma on the other hand will have a tough month or so....
4 comments:
I can't believe it's been a year already! I'll be thinking of you in those first tough weeks!
I am sure of one thing, and that is that you are an amazing person, mom and friend, so I think that as far as getting back into the swing of it at work, you will be fine, it's hard not to smile in your presence and laugh and talk, and you co workers will be welcoming you with open arms. And Arabella will be starting a new phase in her life, new experiences as well, as new little friends. No stop your worrying, and enjoy what's left of your maternity leave. And maybe the sun may even come back for some of it. <3
Awww! You should not feel guilty about going back to work at all!! Sometimes choosing work IS for the well being of your children! My Mom always worked when I was little {they didn't have a year mat leave either} and I turned out okay *wink* And just think about how even more grateful you will be to be with that little princess when you get home! I hope that it isn't too hard of a transition :o)
Couldn't agree with Joanne more! You are an amazing mom, worker, friend, and person. You will do wonderfully! And, if there is anyone in this world who can juggle it all with grace, it's YOU. Just let your feelings come and let them go...it's all normal! You wouldn't be human if you didn't have this whole range of emotions :) It's ALL OKAY. Arabella will grow up happy and healthy, because she is surrounded by wonderful people who love her - especially ME (oh, and you too!)
Post a Comment